DevLab bio Advantages
Globally, as many as 250 million people may suffer from food allergies1
19.2 million people were diagnosed with hay fever in the last 12 months in the U.S.2
Three out of ten people with allergies are allergic to dogs or cats.3
It is estimated that 40% of children under the age of 18 have allergic rhinitis.4
Over 24 million people have autoimmune disease in the U.S.
About 8 million more have auto-antibodies indicating person's likelihood of developing an autoimmune disease.5
- European population statistics in: Mills EN, Mackie AR, Burny P, Beyer K, Frewer L et al. The prevalence, cost and basis of food allergy across Europe. Allergy 2007; 62:717-722.
Source: Fiocchi A, Sampson HA. “Food Allergy”, Section 2.5, in WAO White Book on Allergy, Pawankar R, Canonica GW, Holgate ST, and Lockey RF, editors (Milwaukee, Wisconsin: World Allergy Organization, 2011), pp 47-53.
- Source: Summary Health Statistics Tables for U.S. Adults: National Health Interview Survey, 2018, Tables A-2b, A-2c pdf icon[PDF – 166 KB]
- “Pet Allergy: Are You Allergic to Dogs or Cats?” Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, https://www.aafa.org/pet-dog-cat-allergies.
- "Allergy Relief for Your Child" U.S. Food & Drub Administration, https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/allergy-relief-your-child.
- "Autoimmune Diseases" Health & Education, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, https://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/conditions/autoimmune/index.cfm.